I spent my January 1st cleaning the house and re-organizing my plants in the garden. And while doing those things I was thinking of the things happened in 2020.
2020 is a year that everyone would probably want to skip. At some point I
do felt the same, but I realized... it isn't really that bad for me. I'm probably just influenced from the
negativity that I read and watch and still not used at the big changes
that this pandemic has cause and the new normal that brought so much inconvenience.
There's so many good things 2020 has uncover. And I choose to focus on this things to remember and be grateful...
1. 2020 thought us to of proper hygiene and awareness of cleanliness.
2. 2020 thought us to be mindful of our actions. Our recklessness and negligence will not only harm our own self but also our family and also our community.
3. The pandemic also put a value on healthcare, hospitals, nurses, and everything in the healthcare industry. I just hope the government will develop a good healthcare policy and law for us.
4. In 2020, we discover the convenience of food delivery, online shopping, and online grocery. Its so great seeing many business embracing online services, delivery services, and social media. I even discovered shops I've never know before. Some recommended by friends online and some discovered via social media.
I definitely love how I just list down my grocery items, order, checkout, and then wait for it to be delivered. Your personal shopper can even call you if the items in the list is not available. For someone who easily get distracted and add to cart some unnecessary items not in my list its truly a big savings to have someone else do the grocery for you. XD
5. Since everyone is going online the online services improve. And a lot of government offices and business is embracing online processing.
I just hope PLDT will realized going online service though, they're an internet company yet they still prefer traditional business transaction at there one and only office in the city. Get ready to line up and get expose to the virus. And their costumer service is nowhere to be found.
6. Due to the international and national lock-down, many people campaigned to buy from local businesses to support the local economy. Everyone is learning to utilize and appreciate local business and local resources.
7. Because everyone is asked to stay at home. Everyone is making the most of the time improve there home. The long overdue plan of home renovation finally materialized.
I saw a lot of home improvement post homes in social media and beautified front yard in our neighborhood.
8. And speaking of home improvement, a lot of people embraced the inner plantita/plantito. A lot of people plant flowering plants, herbs, and vegetables. Everyone now embrace urban gardening.
9. A lot of passion and new hobbies has been discovered in 2020 too. Due to lock-downs some people take this opportunity to learn new things. May it be online or through reading books. Some even made a business of the new hobby they have discovered.
10. Due to lock-down, a lot of family has come together. Parents who doesn't have time to their children finally has the time to bond and play. Parents is thinking ways to make most of the moment by doing things to keep kids sanity without doing extracurricular activities or going anywhere to distract them.
Im so glad to read a lot of family has develop a new bonding moment and family tradition.
11. The lock-down also teach us to learn and enjoy a home-cooked meal.
12. 2020 has also given those people who are living a fast-paced life a time to slow down and relaxed. If before they don't have an excuse to relaxed and stay home now they have all the reason to stay put and embrace some things they have missed.